If healthy, luscious locks are your goal, then you can easily achieve beauty from the inside out through simply living a healthy lifestyle via clean eating. That is to say, that you should put foods into your body that are as close to their natural source as possible. So, what are these 10 amazing foods for super healthy hair you ask? Read on!
1. Water. Besides eliminating toxins, a Times of India article explains that "Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a strand of hair. Moisture makes the hair supple, so make sure you get plenty of fluids." Drinking 8-10 glasses a day, will not only be great for your body, but amazing for your hair.
2. Swiss chard is among the best natural sources of vitamin B7 or biotin. Biotin can make your hair grow at a faster than normal rate.
3. Salmon is healthy for your scalp because it balances oils in the body. This helps to reduce flaking and itching on your scalp. The protein in salmon is essential to keeping your hair strong.
4. Red meat, chicken, (as well as salmon), provide iron to the blood, which in turn feeds the hair follicle. The iron in these foods is readily available to the body. So choose which you prefer.
5. Enjoy some carrots with an added fat such as butter. This will help you to absorb the vitamin A which they provide. Vitamin A is essential for the cell growth of your hair.
6. Spinach is great if your scalp is too oily. The vitamin C that it contains will aid in reducing excess oil. Other vitamin C rich foods include citrus, tomatoes, broccoli, and peppers.
7. Crab and beef are both high in zinc which stimulates hair growth.
8. Walnuts contain a high level of vitamin E. Vitamin E has been shown to make hair grow faster.
9. Eggs contain vitamin B12 along with biotin. Both of these nutrients are nourishing to the skin, hair, and nails.
10. Sunflower Seeds contain vitamin B6 which gives hair its color through the production of melanin. It also helps prevent hair loss.
Bonus: Oats contain high amounts of zinc, iron, magnesium and potassium that promote hair growth.
So, to both you and your hair; I wish you happy eating!